From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Back to SWES-MEL
Conferences We Go to (or want to go to :-)
2017 Multi-omics for Microbiomes – EMSL Integration Conference
- The conference highlights new scientific findings and technical achievements for deciphering a microbiome’s functional processes and interactions, including advances in molecular omics, imaging, and computational technologies. The conference will also highlight capabilities at the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL). This national scientific user facility, located on the PNNL campus, is funded and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy through its Office of Biological and Environmental Research.
- Date: August 1-3, 2017
- Location: Pasco, WA
- The international Arctic Change 2014 conference aims to stimulate discussion and foster collaborations among people with a vested interest in the Arctic and its peoples. Over 1000 participants are expected to attend, making Arctic Change 2017 as one of the largest trans-sectoral international Arctic research conferences ever held in Canada.
- Date: 2017 date not yet announced
- Location: TBD
Annual West Coast Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Conference
- The 42nd Annual West Coast Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Conference (WCBSURC) will take place on Saturday, April 22, 2017, at Santa Clara University, located in Santa Clara, California. The WCBSURC is among the oldest conferences of its kind in the nation and through its first 41 years, has brought together student and faculty participants representing 182 institutions in 36 states.
- Abstract Submission is now open and will close on March 17th.
- Registration is now open and will close on April 14th.
- All attendees must register whether they are presenting or not. Abstract submission is for both talk and poster presenters.
- Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Location: Santa Clara, California
AGU (American Geophysical Union) Fall Meeting
- The AGU Fall Meeting is the largest worldwide conference in the geophysical sciences, attracting more than 23,000 Earth and space scientists, educators, students, and policy makers. The meeting showcases current scientific theory focused on discoveries that wil benefit humanity and ensure a sustainable future for our planet. They welcome submissions from students and have several events directed towards students, including a Student Breakfast, Career Opportunity Networking Lunch, and Career Fair.
- Date: December 11-15, 2017
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Council on Undergraduate Research hosts this annual event to honor undergraduate researchers from the Arts and Humanities, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Mathematics/Computer Science, Physics/Astronomy, Psychology, and Social Sciences. Students present their research on posters to an audience which includes members of Congress and congressional staff.
- Date: TBD 2017
- Location: Washington, DC
American Society for Microbiology General Meeting
- ASM Microbe 2017 (June 1–5, 2017, New Orleans, LA) showcases the best microbial sciences in the world, and provides a one-of-a-kind forum to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology from basic science to translation and application.
- Date: June 1-5, 2017
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
ACS (American Chemical Society) National Meeting
- Date: August 20-24, 2017
- Location: Washington, DC
International Society for Microbial Ecology biennial meeting
- Date: August 2018
- Location: Leipzig, Germany
BMES (Biomedical Engineering Society) Annual Meeting
- The BMES Annual Meeting is now accepting research submissions from undergraduates. The conference will feature more than 1,500 poster presentations and hundreds of oral presentations on all aspects of biomedical engineering.
- Abstract submissions due April 26, 2017
- Date: October 11-14, 2017
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Soil Science Society of America
- The Annual Meeting is one of the few gatherings that bring together more than 4,000 scientific leaders from industry, government agencies, and academic institutions in one unique environment. It’s the premiere opportunity for professionals working in the agronomic, crop, soil, and related sciences to hear about the latest research, meet and learn from their peers, expand their knowledge base, and take advantage of an abundance of networking opportunities to enhance their career. This year’s Annual Meeting will feature more than 3,000 technical presentations, along with a host of networking events and award ceremonies. The world-class exhibition displays the latest scientific equipment, supplies, services, and reference materials available
- May 9 - Early abstract submission deadline (rates increase $25 after this date)
- June 23 - Final abstract submission deadline.
- Date: October 22-25, 2017
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- AbGradCon (Astrobiology Graduate Conference) provides a unique setting for astrobiologically-inclined graduate students and early career researchers to come together to share their research, collaborate, and network. AbGradCon 2017 marks the 13th year of this conference--each time in a different place and organized by a different group of students, but always with the original charter as a guide
- Date: June 5-9, 2017
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
American Society for Mass Spectrometry
- ASMS Annual Conference
- Date: June 4-8, 2017
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- This conference will focus on climate impacts and adaptation options. It will bring together scientists and decision makers, and practitioners from developed and developing countries to share research approaches, methods and results. It will explore the way forward in a world where impacts are increasingly observable and adaptation actions are increasingly required.
- Arctic Frontiers is an international arena addressing development in the Arctic. The conference discusses how upcoming opportunities and challenges may be handled to ensure viable economic growth and societal and environmental sustainability. Annually the conference attracts more than 1000 participants from 25 Arctic and non-arctic countries, representing science, business, politics, and civil society. The conference takes place in the Norwegian city of Tromsø, historically known as the Arctic Gateway.
- Date: January 21-26, 2018
- Location: Tromsø, Norway
Argonne Soil Metagenome Meeting
- This meeting aims to serve the research community by providing a venue for interaction among soil ecologists, microbiologists, bioinformaticists, and ‘omics enthusiasts. Through oral presentations, posters, discussion sessions, and participation by industry sponsors, the meeting covers any aspect of soil metagenomics research, from technical development to data analysis to science breakthroughs. We welcome participation from students and senior researchers alike.