Reactor Medium (In Progress)
In Development. 2013-12-18
Medium is prepared in 2L GL25-side port influent vessel equipped with three top port cap.
1. Rinse Medium Bottle with de-ionized or MQ water
2. Place 2 inch stir bar into vessel
3. Place 40 ml of 50x Salt Solution into influent vessel (non-sterile salt solution is stored on KMB's shelf in -4C room)
4. Add 1860 ml of MQ de-ionized water to the vessel
5. Loosely connect GL25 cap so that pressure may escape during autoclaving process.
6. Add GL45 - 3 port cap with luer-equipped gas input.
7. Autoclave on liquid cycle for 45 minutes.
8. Let liquid cool for 10 minutes in Autoclave.
9. Immediately transfer the liquid under stream (>0.1Bar) of N2/CO2
10. Let cool for 15 minutes while gas stream is passing.
11. Transfer the vessel to ice-water bath to cool, before adding additional components.
5x Salt Solution