Publishing Group/old discussion items and comments
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Hal Abelson and John Wilbanks gave interesting talks on Open Networks and Open Society: The Relationship between Freedom, Law, and Technology.
- An OECD report on scientific publishing was published a couple of weeks ago and seems especially relevent. Here are links to the press release and report
- A new journal relevant to our discussions today Biology Direct. Be sure to check out the "novel peer review process". from Drew.
- Slashdot post on Indirect Documents At Last. In particular, see this post with the full article text. It discusses a different type of document structure from that used now which formed a different vision for the web. Also touches on copyright issues.
- From Drew: http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/news.asp?id=3881 Royal Society warns hasty ’open access’ moves may damage science, 24 Nov 2005. Funders may be forcing scientific researchers to change the way they publish scientific papers so quickly that "disastrous" consequences could result, the Royal Society warns today (Thursday 24 November 2005).