Publications and patents
Journal Papers and Book Chapters
21. Yong Tao, Xinming Tong, Yan Zhang, Yanbin Huang, Yan-rong Jiang*, and Bao-hua Guo*, Evaluation of an in-situ chemically crosslinked hydrogel as a long-term vitreous substitute material, Acta Biomaterialia, 2013, 9, 5022-5030.
20. Zhi Zhong, Dexi Lin, and Yanbin Huang*, A thermal analysis method to determine the equilibrium solubility of small molecules in the polymer matrix, Plastics (China), 2013 (accepted).
19. Dazhi Yang and Yanbin Huang*, A synthetic method to incorporate functional groups at specific locations along the polymer chain, Polymer Materials Science & Engineering (China), 2013 (accepted).
18. Yi He, Yanbin Huang*, Wentan Wang, and Yi Cheng*, Integrating micromixer precipitation and electrospray drying toward continuous production of drug nanoparticles, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2011, 168, 931-937. 
17. Xinming Tong, Jingjing Lai, Baohua Guo, and Yanbin Huang*, A new end group structure of PEG for hydrolysis-resistant biomaterials, Journal of Polymer Science: Polymer Chemistry, 2011, 49, 1513-1516.
16. Xinming Tong, Baohua Guo, and Yanbin Huang*, Toward the synthesis of sequence-controlled vinyl copolymers, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47, 1455-1457. 
15. Yanbin Huang*, Polymer principles in drug delivery, Polymer Bulletin (China) , 2011, (4), 136-143.
14. Qi Pan and Yanbin Huang*, Electro-spraying methods for drug-polymer solid dispersion preparation, Polymer Materials Science & Engineering (China), 2011, 27(7), 133-135.
13. Dexi Lin and Yanbin Huang*, A thermal analysis method to predict the complete phase diagram of drug-polymer solid dispersions, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2010, 399, 109-115.
12. Zhe Liu, Yanbin Huang, Yong Jing, and Yi Cheng*, Mixing intensification by chaotic advection inside droplets for controlled nanoparticle preparation, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2010, 9, 773-786.
11. Yi He, Yanbin Huang*, and Yi Cheng*, Structure evolution of curcumin nanoprecipitation from a micromixer, Crystal Growth & Design, 2010, 10, 1021-1024.
10. Nicholas A. Peppas* and Yanbin Huang, Nanoscale technology of mucoadhesive interactions, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2004, 56, 1675-1687.
09. Mark Byrne, David Henthorn, Yanbin Huang and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Micropatterned Biomimetic Materials for Bioadhesion and Drug Delivery, in A. K. Dillow and A. M. Lowman, eds., Biomimetic Materials and Design, pp. 443-470, Marcel Dekker, New York (2002).
08. Yanbin Huang, Igal Szleifer* and Nicholas A. Peppas*, A Molecular Theory of Polymer Gels, Macromolecules, 2002, 35: 1373-1380.
07. Nicholas A. Peppas* and Yanbin Huang, Polymers and Gels as Molecular Recognition Agents, Pharmaceutical Research, 2002, 19: 578-587.
06. Nadezhda Efremova, Yanbin Huang, Nicholas A. Peppas*, and Deborah E.Leckband* Direct Measurement of Interactions between Tethered PEG Chains and Adsorbed Mucin Layers, Langmuir, 2002, 18: 836-845.
05. Petr Bures, Yanbin Huang, Ebru Oral and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Surface Modifications and Molecular Imprinting of Polymers in Medical and Pharmaceutical Applications, Journal of Controlled Release, 2001, 72: 25-33.
04. Yanbin Huang, Igal Szleifer* and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Gel-Gel Adhesion by Tethered Polymers, Journal of Chemical Physics, 2001, 114: 3809-3818
03. Yanbin Huang, William Leobandung, Aaron Foss and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Molecular Aspects of Muco- and Bioadhesion: Tethered Structures and Site-Specific Surfaces, Journal of Controlled Release, 2000, 65: 63-71.
02. Nicholas A. Peppas*, Monica D. Little and Yanbin Huang, Bioadhesive Controlled Release Systems, in D. L. Wise et al. ed., Handbook of Pharmaceutical Controlled Release Technology, pp. 255-270, Marcel Dekker, New York (2000).
01. Nicholas A. Peppas*, Yanbin Huang, Madeline Torres-Lugo, Jennifer H. Ward and Jing Zhang, Physicochemical Foundations and Structural Design of Hydrogels in Medicine and Biology, Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, 2000, 2: 9-29.
Issued Independent Patents
14. Yanbin Huang, Bashir Sheikh-Ali, and Jaeho Kim, Temperature responsive delivery systems, US Patent 8,349,363, issued in January, 2013.
13. Xinming Tong, Baohua Guo, Jingjing Lai, and Yanbin Huang, Polymers that react with thiol groups and form hydrolysis-resistant linkages, Chinese Patent CN 101885841, issued in May, 2012.
12. Ning Wei, Yanbin Huang, and Kaiyuan Yang, Reduction of the hook effect in assay devices, US Patent 7,851,209, issued in December, 2010.
11. J. Gavin MacDonald, Alison Bagwell, Yanbin Huang, Kim Jaeho, and Stephanie Martin, Solvatochromic visual indicator and the use of the same, US Patent 7,829,181, issued in November, 2010.
10. Stephanie Martin, Lei Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, Yanbin Huang, Julie Villanueva, Sharon Greene, Kelly Arehart, Curt Sayre, and Robert Johnson, Vaginal treatment composition containing xylitol, US Patent 7,786,176, issued in August, 2010.
09. Bin Wu, Kevin McGrath, Jaeho Kim, Bao Do, Sharon Greene, Yanbin Huang, and Kaiyuan Yang, Method for reducing odor using coordinated polydentate compounds, US Patent 7,754,197, issued in July, 2010； reissued as US 8,178,081 in 2012.
08. Yanbin Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, and Sharon Greene, Thermo-gelling compositions, US Patent 7,658,947, issued in February, 2010.
07. J. Gavin MacDonald, Yanbin Huang, Jaeho Kim, Ning Wei, and Kaiyuan Yang, Single phase color change cgents, US Patent 7,651,989, issued in January, 2010, and reissued as US 7,858,568 in 2010.
06. Shu-Ping Yang and Yanbin Huang, Compositions for vaginal treatments, US Patent 7,276,486, issued in October, 2007.
05. Sharon Greene, Yanbin Huang, Lei Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, Ilona Weart, Sohail Malik, and Robert Johnson, Anti-microbial compositions and methods of use thereof, US Patent 7,258,878, issued in August, 2007.
04. Ning Wei and Yanbin Huang, Reduction of the Hook Effect in Membrane-based assay devices, US Patent 7,247,500, issued in July, 2007, and reissued as US 7,662,643 in 2010.
03. Shu-Ping Yang, Yanbin Huang, and Ilona Weart, Prevention of urogenital infections, US Patent 7,238,677, issued in July, 2007.
02. J. Gavin MacDonald, Naveen Agarwal, Yanbin Huang, and Jaeho Kim, Use indicating soap, US Patent 7,053,029, issued in May, 2006.
01. Yanbin Huang and Jaeho Kim. Methods of making functional biodegradable polymers, US Patent 7,037,983, issued in May, 2006