Protocol name dnastar
DNA Star is a bioinformatics software that can facilitate primer design, sequence verification, and
DNA Star software
- Primer Select
- Create sequence file
- Copy and paste expected sequence from PlasmoDB into an old Word file ('97-'03). Save file. Transfer to front computer via flash drive.
- Open file. Open EditSeq > New Sequence > DNA. Copy and paste from Word to open window. Save file.
- Verify sequence
- Open SeqMan > Add sequence > Select forward and reverse sequences from shipment + EditSeq file of actual sequence > Assemble
- Window will pop up:
ONE contig file = good MORE THAN ONE contig file = not good
- Double-click on a contig file to review sequence alignment.
- Red = mutation
No red = no mutation
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.