Physics307L:Schedule/Week 5 agenda
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
(Moved to week 6, 2011)
Faster than light neutrinos?
Beginning group activity
- Form groups of two
- Look at the coin flip data from two weeks ago
- Come up with your best guess for the true mean and an uncertainty. Report your result as mean +/- uncertainty (we'll poll vocally)
- Assume all the nickels are identical and there is a fixed true mean
2011 Coin Toss Results
Google Docs Central Limit Theorem Example
2009 Agenda for Lecture
- Discussion about labs; /Good lab notebooks;
- How to report uncertainty
- Make sure to always include units and uncertainty.
- Probability density function
- Central Limit Theorem
- Normal Distribution
- Possibly: How to graph results w/ theory
- Possibly: sensitivity for uncertainty propagation
Agenda for Labs
- Today you definitely need to talk with Koch about what needs to be included in your lab summary.
- Must finish taking data this week. Summary should be completed outside of class.
Must complete your hands-on "quiz" or interview with Koch.The in-class "quiz" is actually on-going...but you can request one at the end if you think I may have a bad impression of your understanding.