Physics307L:Schedule/Week 4 agenda
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Related Blog Post
2011 Coin Toss Results
Agenda for Lecture (items will be continued next week)
- Note about O-scope labs
- Example Shannon
- Emailing me when you're ready is essential!
- Note about labs this week and next (Lab Signup Page)
- You can create your own lab if you have ideas!
- Group Exercise -- Coin Toss
- (This is as far as I will probably get during this lecture; expecting to discuss many of below items in context of group exercise)
- Link to Google Spreadsheet for Central Limit Theorem introduction
- Introduction to terminology
- Mean +/- error
- Probability density function
- Histogram (maybe use height distribution)?
- Normal Distribution
- Central Limit Theorem
- downloadable simulation: http://www.vias.org/simulations/simusoft_cenlimit.html
- Java dice rolling: http://www.stat.sc.edu/~west/javahtml/CLT.html
Agenda for Labs
- Spend about 2 hours figuring out how to set up the equipment and planning out the experiments. Record your goals for the experiments in your lab notebook.
- Do not start the experiment until you've had your safety quiz!
- Partnering up is not required, but is permitted this week.