Physics307L:Schedule/Week 10 agenda
- Update on faster than light neutrinos
- Group work (10 minutes) -- two measurements, what to do?
- (write on the board) You obtain two independent measurements of the speed of light(a) 34.8 +/- 0.5 cm/ns (b) 0.28(2) m/ns
- Discuss with neighbor: As a scientist, what should you do with these measurements to report a final answer? What do you want to do? What can you do? What if your reputation were to depend on it? What if lives were at stake or otherwise super-important?
- Discussion of group work (20 minutes)
- Links on other pages for now (rest of time)
- Sebastian / Matthew example SEM