From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Pefabloc is the commerzial name for AEBSF (4-(2-Aminoethyl) benzenesulfonyl fluoride hydrochloride). It is a irreversible serine protease inhibitor and inhibits proteases like chymotrypsin, kallikrein, plasmin, thrombin, and trypsin. The specificity is similar to the inhibitor PMSF, but Pefabloc is more stable, better soluble and less toxic.
- Molecular Weight: 239.69
- You can buy Pefabloc for example at Sigma.
- Typical usage is 0.1 - 1.0 mM.
- To get 100 mM stock dissolve 100 mg in 4.18 ml water.
- To get 250 mM stock dissove 100 mg in 1.67 ml water.
- Pefabloc should be handeld carefully.