PPT to PDF on a Mac
- Assume your poster is 40" X 40" which is what your page setup options will read in powerpiont.
- At this point, you have to install a dummy poster printer; I installed a HP Designjet 3500 but any old poster printer will do.
- Now set the paper size to custom and something large enough to accommodate your entire poster.
- At this point, you can now print to a pdf file and the file will now show up in the size at which you selected the paper source.
Courtesy of Leon Chan
- for example HP DesignJet 5500 drivers  which is included on the Leopard OS X DVD