Others 10. 박재형()
1. 3 (Sat)
Folding DNA to create nanoscale shapes and patterns - DNA origami
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v440/n7082/full/nature04586.html#close Box file name : Nature04586(PJH).pdf, PJH150103_dna origami.pptx
- DNA Structure
- DNA is double helix structure.
- In DNA, there are four different types of nitrogenous base.
According to base pairing rules (A with T and C with G), hydrogen bonds bind the nitrogenous bases of the two separate polynucleotide strands to make double-stranded DNA.
- A is for adenine
- G is for guanine
- C is for cytosine
- T is for thymine
- DNA origami
- DNA origami is the nanoscale folding of DNA to create arbitrary two- and three-dimensional shapes at the nanoscale.
- a long single strand DNA and staple DNA strand are required
- The use of a long single strand DNA in M13mp18.
- Staple DNA strand folded long single strand DNA.
- Use a computer to determine the way to create the correct staples needed to form a certain shape. And we create arbitrary two- and three-dimensional shapes at the nanoscale.
- The application of DNA origami
- DNA origami will enable making small computer.
- DNA origami be used to create nanorobots capable of finding and destroying cancer cells in the human body.
- DNA origami was very impressive and DNA origami technology development will continue.
So DNA origami can be adapted to create more complex or larger structures.