Notes from 10/2/2007 Board meeting with Bill
Move to new RackSpace server
- New production server should be up and available for testing by tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Changeover of IPs should happen this weekend 10PM-2AM on Saturday night.
- Ask RackSpace this afternoon if we can change the IP of the machine.
- We need to post the notice to the OWW main page and a message to the steering committee.
- Also need to move the blogs, dewikify stuff etc.
- Austin and Ilya will look over the switchover.
(We're currently paying for both servers so we want to do this changeover soon.)
Source control management system
- Being done but not a major focus.
- We want to eventually make this web accessible so that people can access all our code.
- Wait until after the server upgrade.
- Wait for 1.11 to be out for a couple weeks.
- Look at release notes to see if there is a compelling reason to update.
- Should not even think about this until after the server upgrade.
Modify and Enhance the UMS
- Released today
- Document describing it
- Going to wait on implementing anything more for a while.
- 3 RSS extensions are up on the main site
- Move to 1 RSS extension by next month
- Announce to sc, discuss, extensions
- A lot of spam comments <- need to deal with this
- Using feedburner - need to research feedburner for domains and give an estimate on what's involved in using this.
Word document importer
- We're not getting a perfect solution. How good of a solution do we want?
- Want to be able to maintain document structure upon import (i.e. sections)
- Could tell people how to use existing tools on a help page.
- Wibbit and Simple forms are installed and going