OpenWetWare talk:How to join
Return to the project page "How to join".
- RS 15:55, 1 May 2006 (EDT): The fields are too short and the boxes are too small in my opinion. People should be able to type in a sentence for why they would like to join. Also, instructions about not including underscores in usernames probably ought to be added.
- Austin 18:31, 14 March 2006 (EST): "Your research or interests do not necessarily have to be biologically relevant either." I don't understand the purpose of this line. I thought we've turned people away from accounts because they had no interest in biology.
- Kathleen 19:11, 14 March 2006 (EST): I agree that this should be reworded. I'm assuming that the intention of this sentence is that you don't have to be a "biologist" (whatever that is...) to join. I do think that we want people to at least have an interest in biology, even if their primary work is chemistry, physics, engineering, computer science, sociology, etc. Maybe other people have different opinions on this. Maybe instead of making this a "negative" sentence, we should modify it to something positive like "Feel free to email if you have an interest in the biology-related sciences, irrespective of your current field." Hopefully this will not prevent anyone from trying to join, but may keep the "inappropriate" user requests to a minimum.
- RS 19:32, 14 March 2006 (EST): I changed it to go along with Kathleen's suggestion. See what you think and revise further if needed.
- BC 21:03, 14 March 2006 (EST):Rather than requiring people to switch programs and send an email, maybe this page could be a webform similar to here? I don't know how to make it send an email to the admin address since its not an mit account.
- Jasonk 23:20, 14 March 2006 (EST):Yeah, that's a great idea.