Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!
- Jasonk 17:23, 4 September 2006 (EDT): Make it easy to make an OWW page compliant with postgenomic so it can get aggregated there.
- Jasonk 17:28, 4 September 2006 (EDT): Statistics and survey guru. Might want to have someone who keeps an eye on trends on the site. this could range from surveys of people are using the site as was suggested previously, to looking over site analytics (which will come with new hosting service), or to just tracking site statistics (number of users, number of labs, etc). This sort of information could help the SC make more informed decisions.
- Reshma 10:12, 5 September 2006 (EDT): I've been trying to work on a tutorial on how to host courses on OWW. Feedback/help welcome.
- Jasonk 07:59, 7 September 2006 (EDT): Should we have an officially sanctioned forum area? Could be a stopgap until the "liquid threads" or whatever gets included in mediawiki...
- Reshma 08:27, 7 September 2006 (EDT): There's Questions and Answers for research-questions and the Community portal for OpenWetWare questions. Do we need more than that?
- Jasonk 08:56, 7 September 2006 (EDT): Well, this isn't a new topic or anything, but the having discussions is facilitated by threads (and stuff like 'post reply' button, etc). If we think the Mediawiki implementation is going to take to too long, we may consider getting some forum software to run on the site (it wouldn't have to perfectly integrate with the wiki for the short term) - i think hacing a "latest forum discussions" box similar to the one on the front page of protocols online would help OWW be a place to post your general biology questions. It's a good question why a Q&A section hasn't taken off on OWW, it may just be the community is too small, or it could be that the technical hurdles are too high.
- Jasonk 08:59, 7 September 2006 (EDT):Firm up short term (6 month) SC goals
- Jasonk 10:31, 10 September 2006 (EDT):SciFoo report
- Jasonk 11:35, 13 September 2006 (EDT): Official sysop policy?