OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - November 2006
From Last Month
- Lecture with Chris Surridge done! If we want an OWW journal, piggy-back PLoSOne.
- Server move done! We were Slashdot-ed. Double traffic.
- Post Genomic - any page on OWW that uses Biblio ext with site will be in RSS feed.
- Talked with Linda Miller (head of US Nature and peer-review trial) about how to get peer-review publishing. No problem with publishing information posted on OWW. Great if OWW becomes DOI. DSpace has DOI server.
- Should be able to submit request to DOI page.
- E-mail DSpace for possibly free DOIs.
- Science Journalists Highlight up! Thanks Reshma!
- Will have OWW SubReddit up soon!
This Month Discussion
- Self-appointed editor: good idea or bad?
- If we want to encourage this, we can outline guidelines.
- Change name to "curators" instead of "author" or "editor" to keep info organized.
- List of facilitators on each of the consensus protocol pages.
- OWW discuss list (Sri)
- Freelance journalists (Sri)
- Need to have meeting for new-hiring (Jason)
- OpenWetWare Directory (everyone)
Future Action Lists
- Create structure for iGEM teams via templates.
- Special pages
- Forms to document protocols, reports for organization
- Layer for additional annotation