From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 UMS Deployment to OpenWetWare.org: production
UMS Deployment to OpenWetWare.org: production
- Currently there is no difference between the way a full name and a username are treated
- New implementation did not honor this
- user's full name was processed with a command to add/remove slashes
- for some reason, this presented problems with names including a space
- Code now handles full and usernames the same: no special treatment
- This only caused a problems in the email message sent to approve or reject a new account
Bill Flanagan 18:30, 2 October 2007 (EDT)Still have an outstanding issue with the OpenWetWare: (portal) namespace
- The namespace for OpenWetWare (2) does not return the document requsted
- Workaround: put the document containing the new user template page in the main namespace
- Old: OpenWetWare:UserDefaultContentText
- New: UserDefaultContentText
==Bill Flanagan 11:10, 5 October 2007 (EDT)Fixed reported problems with UMS
- Fixed bug reported by Ilya: the admin page link was dropped from the approval request email message sent to admins.
- Variable name was wrong for retrieving the URL to the UMS admin page
- Added a check to check an applicant's email address for uniqueness
- Added a new method to the um_mediawiki class to search database for email address.
- Error message generated if the name is already in use.
- Created umsData class to allow apps easy access to UMS.
- all UMS datatabase access functions (currently spread all over UMS) will eventually be migrated to this class
- current methods include the following
- show total number of pending applications in UMS
- Show the most recent OWW members
Bill Flanagan 17:04, 9 October 2007 (CDT) UMS Upgrades complete (for now)
- Email send now contains the new username with no spaces thus allowing the link to be clickable in all cases.
- We can remove the line from the template that warns about it possibly happening since it no longer will happen
- Fixed link in admin messages that pointed to the OWW main page rather than UMS page
- Added RFC822 inner header to cut down on some (not all) bounces
- X-Mailer: name of email app now set to the PHP version in use
- Message-ID: canned message ID to identify message
- Reply-To: same as from: address
- Fixed problem with outbound messages to new members. Address was not being included.
- I eliminated setting a variable that was being used to set new member's email address.
- Upon fixing, I sent the missing email messages to the new members.
- Multiple messages were sent due to a bug in my test program.
- All messages did finally get sent successfully.
- Fixed new member page bug: PHP variable name was being set in the page's summary rather than the value.
- Eliminated the UMS_EMAIL variable for new member homepage generation.
- Added email address uniqueness check for all new accounts.
- created new method for the MediaWiki User class (User.php)
- Created new UMS class to encapsulate all access to the ums_ data tables
- currently limited to a subset of all queries
- will eventually move all (current) SQL access to use this class
- Created an RSS feed to view all new members
- will detail in another page
- Created method in the UMS class to generate a full name/email address list for all members