Instructions from Feedburner.org
To activate MyBrand, complete the these three steps:
- 1. Make sure you own and/or control your domain and can edit your domain name's DNS records.
- If you don't control your own domain or host your own site, you can't use MyBrand. (If you run your own web server or use a publishing service that permits domain aliasing, such as TypePad and LiveJournal, MyBrand is for you.)
- 2.Create a CNAME entry in the DNS records for each domain name.
- If you want to host your feeds at the feeds subdomain (this is the most common, e.g. feeds.mydomain.com), your CNAME entry should be:
- feeds CNAME feeds.feedburner.com.
- Note: The trailing period (after ".com") may be required. Check with your domain registrar or web hosting provider if you're not sure. Here is GoDaddy.com's topic on CNAME setup for its customers. Other DNS providers may have different instructions.
- 3. Tell us what domain name(s) to use. Example: feeds.mydomain.com
- * feeds.openwetware.org *
- + Add another domain
- MyBrand works on all the feeds in your account. For example, if you have a feed at feeds.feedburner.com/myfeed, it will be available at feeds.mydomain.com/myfeed and at any other domains you specify. (Don't forget to add the CNAME entries for all domains you want to use with MyBrand.)
- Bill Flanagan 19:28, 2 October 2007 (EDT) Registered with Feedburner.org MyBrand
- Bill Flanagan 19:28, 2 October 2007 (EDT) Added "feeds CNAME feeds.feedburner.com" record to Rackspace DNS manager for openwetware.org.
- Bill Flanagan 19:28, 2 October 2007 (EDT) Registered the feeds.openwetware.org on feedburner
- Bill Flanagan 19:28, 2 October 2007 (EDT) Activated feeds.openwetware.org on feedburner
To Be Done
- Create a feedburner feed for one of the current blogs as a test
- Talk to Jason re: getting the test for feedburner running