NanoBio: Safety & Waste Disposal
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Put on safety glasses every time you step into the lab.
- If you are working in the lab, in addition to safety glasses - you should be wearing:
- a lab coat
- closed-toe shoes (not sandals)
- When you're done in the lab:
- leave your lab coat in the lab
- dispose of your gloves in the biohazardous or solid waste, as appropriate
- wash your hands!
- Think about potential hazardous before you start an experiment - especially it is the first time you're doing it.
- If you're unsure whether part of a procedure you're about to do might be hazardous, get advice! Ask a local expert (Michael & Melike are a good place to start) and get an answer you're comfortable with, BEFORE you start.
- Don't eat or drink in lab.
- Don't pipet by mouth.