- Theobald Tianwen Wang
- Lihu Avenue No.1800, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi 214122, Jiangsu, P.R.China
- Email me through OpenWetWare or to address theobaldwang**gmail.com (Please replace ** with @ when you are using it.).
- Sept. 2003~June 2006, Ph.D. in Biochemical Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology
- Sept. 2000~June 2003, M.S. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Fujian Agricultural University
- Sept. 1996~June 2000, B.S. in Microbiology, Henan Agricultural University
- Jan. 2011~Jan. 2012, Postdoc in National University of Singapore, Singapore;
- Jan. 2007~Nov. 2008, Postdoc in Tsinghua university, China.
- Synthetic biology
- Bioinformatics-aided protein engineering
- Enzyme engineering (discovery through screening and metagenomic method, de novo design)
- Biochemistry studies of enzymes revealed by large scale sequencing
- Spatially engineering the metabolic enzymes in L-Phe biosynthesis, funded by Natural Science Foundation of China (PI);
- The glutathionalytion of alcohol dehydrogenase from Candida utilis under oxidative stress (PI);
- Construction of L-phe producer strain with RED recombination and Kan/sacB selective marker (PI);
- Novel technology for Large‐scale expression and purification of non-fusion recombinant protein based on the ELP-Intein system (PI).
- T. Wang, A. Li, G. Du and J. Chen, A simple and universal method to express protein in its unfused form, Protein Pept Lett, In press.
- T. Wang, X. Ma, G. Du and J. Chen, Overview of regulatory strategies and molecular elements in metabolic engineering, Mol. Biotechnol.,In press, DOI:10.1007/s12033-012-9514-y.
- T. Wang, X. Ma, G. Du and J. Chen, 2012, Available methods for assembling expression cassettes for synthetic biology, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol.,93(5):1853-1863. PMID:22311648.
- T. Wang,Y. Hu, , X. Liao, G. Du, J. Chen and J. Xu, 2010, Anti-oxidative stress and beyond: multiple functions of the protein glutathionylation, Protein Pept Lett, 17 (10), 1234-44. [Co-1st and -corresponding author], PMID:20394582.
- T. Wang, A. Qiu, F. Meng and H. Zhou, 2009, Changing the Metal Binding Specificity of Superoxide Dismutase from Thermus thermophilus HB-27 by a Single Mutation, Mol Biotechnol, 42 (2), 146-53. PMID:19191037.
- T. Wang, H. Zhu, X. Ma, Z. Fei, Y. Ma and D. Wei, 2006, Enhancing enzymatic activity of penicillin G acylase by coexpressing pcm gene, Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 72 (5), 953-8. PMID:16550378.
- T. Wang, H. Zhu, X. Ma, Y. Ma and D. Wei, 2006, Structure-based stabilization of an enzyme: the case of penicillin acylase from Alcaligenes faecalis, Protein Pept Lett, 13 (2), 177-83. PMID:16472081.
- T. W. Wang, H. Zhu, X. Y. Ma, T. Zhang, Y. S. Ma and D. Z. Wei, 2006, Mutant library construction in directed molecular evolution: casting a wider net, Mol Biotechnol, 34 (1), 55-68. PMID:16943572.
- H. Zhou, X. Liao, T. Wang, G. Du and J. Chen, 2010, Enhanced l-phenylalanine biosynthesis by co-expression of pheA(fbr) and aroF(wt), Bioresour Technol, 101 (11), 4151-6. [Co-corresponding author], PMID:20137911.
- H. Zhou, X. Liao, L. Liu, T. Wang, G. Du and J. Chen, 2011, Enhanced L-phenylalanine production by recombinant Escherichia coli BR-42 (pAP-B03) resistant to bacteriophage BP-1 via a two-stage feeding approach, J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol, 38 (9), 1219-27. [Co-corresponding author], PMID:21104105.
- H. Zhu, T. W. Wang, S. J. Sun, Y. L. Shen and D. Z. Wei, 2006, Chromosomal integration of the Vitreoscilla hemoglobin gene and its physiological actions in Tremella fuciformis, Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 72 (4), 770-6. PMID:16501972.
- X. Ma, W. Zheng, T. Wang, D. Wei and Y. Ma, 2006, Optimization and high-level expression of a functional GST-tagged rHLT-B in Escherichia coli and GM1 binding ability of purified rHLT-B, J Microbiol, 44 (3), 293-300. PMID:16820759.
- M. Xingyuan, Z. Wenyun and W. Tianwen, 2006, Leukocyte function-associated antigen-1: structure, function and application prospects, Protein Pept Lett, 13 (4), 397-400. PMID:16712517.
- H. Zhu, R. J. Pan, T. W. Wang, Y. L. Shen and D. Z. Wei, 2006, Functional solubilization of aggregation-prone TRAIL protein facilitated by coexpressing with protein isoaspartate methyltranferase, Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 72 (5), 1033-8. PMID:16575568.
- Yuxin Xu, Wenyun Zheng, Tianwen Wang, Ping Wang, Ling Zhu, Xingyuan Ma*. Genetic protein TmSm(T34A) enhances sensitivity of chemotherapy to breast cell lines as a synergistic drug to doxorubicin. Biomed. Pharmacotherapy, In press.
- W. Zheng, X. Ma, D. Wei, T. Wang, Y. Ma and S. Yang, 2005, Molecular cloning and bioinformatics analysis of a novel spliced variant of survivin from human breast cancer cells, DNA Seq, 16 (5), 321-8. PMID:16329164.
- X. Ma, W. Zheng, D. Wei, Y. Ma, T. Wang, J. Wang, Q. Liu and S. Yang, 2006, High-level expression, purification and pro-apoptosis activity of HIV-TAT-survivin (T34A) mutant to cancer cells in vitro, J Biotechnol, 123 (3), 367-78. PMID:16406157.
- X. Ma, W. Zheng, D. Wei, Y. Ma, T. Wang, J. Wang, Q. Liu and S. Yang, 2006, Construction, expression, and purification of HIV-TAT-survivin (T34A) mutant: a pro-apoptosis protein in Escherichia coli, Protein Expr Purif, 47 (1), 36-44. PMID: 16260148.
- Links to some labs
- David Baker's lab: http://depts.washington.edu/bakerpg/drupal/
Metabolic engineering and synthetic biology
- Online tools
- Multiple alignment: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/msa/clustalw2/
- Important Journals
- Cell: http://www.cell.com
- NPG: http://www.nature.com
- Science: http://www.sciencemag.org
- PNAS: http://www.pnas.org
- JBC: http://www.jbc.org
- ASM Journals: http://journlas.asm.org
- My Researcher ID:http://www.researcherid.com/rid/H-3477-2011