Mouse Heart Tissue Harvest for DNA Microarrays
List of reagents is not yet complete
- 1. Anesthesize mouse with 0.02 ml 2.5% Avertin /gram body weight.
- 2. Make incisions through the skin and the peritoneum and cut out approximately 100-200 mg of the tissues to be analyzed.
- 3. Immediately rinse the tissue in 1x PBS, blot dry, and weigh.
- 4. Transfer the tissue into an eppendorf tube and freeze in liquid nitrogen.
- 5. After all the samples are collected, they may be stored at -70°C or used for immunoprecipitation.
2.5% Avertin (Chem Name = Tribromoethanol, Fluka #90710)
*Dilute 100% Avertin in warm PBS (55°C or higher) *Filter sterilize, wrap in foil, store frozen aliqouts at -20°C *Aliqouts good for ~3 weeks at 4°C
*Dissolve Avertin in tert-amyl alcohol (Sigma #A-1685) *Wrap in foil, store at 4°C, good for years.
*Note: Tribromoethanol is extremely light sensitive. Its degradative products, HBr and dibromylacetaldehyde, are both very toxic.
No further notes are available at this time.
Relevant papers and books
No further references are available at this time
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.