Moore Notes 8 31 15
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Participants: Katie, Tom, Patrick. Dongying, Guillaume, Stephen
- Tara Oceans strain level analyses (Stephen)
- Ran phylogenetic and functional (gene loss) variation
- Geography and environmental correlations at sampling locations
- Tom: what fraction of reads map to reference genomes?
- Are functional diversity profiles correlated between genome mapped and shotmap?
- Mapping location of protein families might only be possible if we have reference genomes
- Outlier samples might have ecological novelty
- Patrick: high variation
- Selection and drift
- Tom will also follow up on protein family covariation
- First maps reads to reference db (bowtie), then homology search with higher sensitivity
- Two steps for computational efficiency
- Call time will stay at 1:30pm Mondays