Moore Notes 5 29 13
Jump to navigationJump to search
- Participants: Jonathan, Stephen, Dongying, Ladan, Josh, Guillaume
- Functional annotations of Sfams
- Working on building hMMs for keg orthology groups. Still going on.
- Will be sharing his observations regarding LAST and low similarity "hits"
- Map Marker families to Sfams
- 40 markers are spread out into multiple Sfam families
- Multiple mapping issues.
- Most marker families are mapping to 2 Sfams. Thinking 1 is bacteria and 1 is archea
- 5 is mapping to 6 families
- 39 maps to 6.
- Mapping done by Consensus sequence of each marker search against the Sfams.
- Use the Sfams to refine the marker family building.
- Is it worth looking at alignment length? (Stephen)
- Stephen has noticed Sfams being split due to their alignment length
- Josh : will be presenting his work for the Eisenlab on July 23rd.
- Guillaume : No update
- Ladan : No update
- Planning on having phone calls for the next two weeks in preparation for the June 17th retreat.