Chivian et al. Science 2008
1. What does it mean to assemble a genome using both shotgun Sanger and 454 pyrosequencing?
- did each genomic library use a different vector? why?
- how do you confirm a gap read using Sanger sequencing of PCR products performed on source DNA?
2. What does it mean to have a SNP more that once?
3. What is the difference between a predicted protein coding gene (CDS/ORF) versus pseudogenes derived from a protein coding gene (Table 1)
4. Does Table 1 mean the ribosomal copy number is 2?
- Jess G. wants to talk to JE about this!
Friday December 5 we will meet and discuss hypervariable tag sequencing paper(s):
Huse et al 2008 (overview/background) http://www.citeulike.org/group/6072/article/3658680
Dethlefson et al 2008 (application to human microbiome) http://www.citeulike.org/group/6072/article/3575974