From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
OADC is Oleic Acid Albumin Dextrose Complex, a component of the mycobacterial selective media 7H9 and 7H10. If you don't add the oleic acid solution, then this is ADS, used for M. smegmatis culture in 7H9.
- deionized water
- 8.5g NaCl
- 50g Bovine serum albumin fraction V
- 20g D-dextrose
- 50mL 1% sodium oleate solution (for M. tuberculosis only)
- Combine 925mL deonized water and 8.5g NaCl in a 2L flask. Stir with a magnetic stirbar until salt is dissolved.
- Add 50g bovine serum albumin fraction V and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add 20g dextrose, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add 50mL 1% sodium oleate solution, and stir until completely mixed. The pH should now be ~6.9-7.0. Filter through Whatman #3 paper to remove particulates. Filter sterilize through 0.22μm pore filter. Store at 4°C.