We use Roche Diagnostics dNTP set. Each individual dNTP comes as 10 μmol in 100 mM solution for a total of 4 tubes. Each lids labeled with the nucleic acid it contains. The kits are from the MolBio stock room (order number FZ129). We use our dNTPS at 10 mM so we need to dilute them 1:10.
dNTP stocks are kept at 10 mM:
- Add 3.6 mL of dH20 to a falcon tube.
- Add the full 100 μL of each nucleotide to the tube (after all 4 have been added should have a total volume of 4 mL)
- Aliquot 50 uL of dNTPs into 1.5 mL eppendorf tubes and label as "dNTPs 10 mM" and store in the -80°C fridge.
The above protocol gives a final concentration of 2.5 mM each instead of 10 mM each. Prepare a 10 mM each dNTPs stock by:
- Add 1.5 mL dH2O to a falcon tube
- Add 250 μL each dNTP (ThermoFisher #FERR0181) to the tube (final volume 2.5 mL)
- Aliquot 50 μL into eppendorfs and label "dNTPs 10 mM"
- Store at -80°C
Most recent stock made by Anjali Bisaria 8 Aug 2011. Lot Number: 12659700