YPD agar for plates.
- Bacto yeast extract
- Bacto Peptone
- MilliQ H2O
- Begin with approximately 700mls of MiliQ water
- Weigh out and add ingredients with constant stirring:
- Bacto yeast extract 10g
- Bacto peptone 20g
- Weigh out and add with stirring:
- Bacto agar 20g
- Bring up to 900mls with MiliQ water
- Separate YP into two 1L bottles of 450mls each
- Weight out 20g of dextrose and add to 80mls of MiliQ water and bring volume up to 100ml total
- Autoclave separately
- Allow to cool in 55°C water bath
- Combine each 450mls YP with 50mls of glucose solution
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.