Matt Gethers/20.380 HIV Project/Meeting Notes/3.11.09 Presentation Preparation
3.11.09 Presentation Preparation
Potential Questions (Some addressed in discussion)
- MTT Assay for cell viability?
- Metabolism of analog into potentially harmful molecule (KP-1212 is a metabolite of DHAC, something used as a chemotherapeutic). 5-OH-dC could be metabolized to 5-OH-Uracil or Uracil glycol (not particularly harmful, but modifies nucleotide pool).
- p24 vs. Viral titer discrepancy?
- MOI: virus to cell?
- CEM, CHO, MT-2 cells?
- Why viral inhibition higher at 10 μl than 100 μl (page 4).
- Increased sensitivity to drugs when passaged with KP-1212.
- KP-1461: never mentioned after title?