Our lab camera lives in a shelving unit in the lab storage room. In there you'll find:
- The camera, a Canon PowerShot A640
- An adapter for mounting the camera on the lab microscopes
- Two phototubes that screw onto the front of the adapter; one of the two should fit your microscope
- A battery charger plugged into the wall to the left of the camera's shelving unit
- Assorted cords (AC adapter, USB cable)
When using the camera with a microscope, you generally have to zoom in to make the image fill the entire screen. The digital zoom is helpful for fine focusing.
We don't have a remote shutter for this camera (Canon doesn't make them) but the PC program PSRemote can supposedly control our camera from a computer.