Harmer/Maloof Lab Safety Guidelines
- Chemical hazardous waste containers must be disposed of through EH&S within 9 months of the date that waste was first placed in the container, or 90 days if 1 pound or 1 quart of acutely hazardous waste is accumulated.
- Hazardous waste containers must have a completely filled out waste label affixed to them.
- When starting a new chemical waste container you must completely fill out and affix a waste label to it.
- If you fill a waste container up to its full capacity or notice that it's over 9 months old, please notify your respective lab safety officer so he/she may request a pick up.
- Hazardous waste containers must be kept fully closed with a secure lid, except when adding or removing waste.
- Hazardous waste containers must be in good condition and compatible with the chemical constituents of the waste.
- Please notify your respective lab safety officer if you notice anything you deem unsafe related to hazardous waste storage.