From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- pKa at 25°C of 6.10 (5.97 at 37°C)
- usable buffering range of 5.5 to 6.7
- molecular weight 195.24
- ΔpKa/ΔT = -.011
Buffers are typically 1 M, prepared by neutralizing MES with sodium hydroxide.
- Good NE, Winget GD, Winter W, Connolly TN, Izawa S, and Singh RM. Hydrogen ion buffers for biological research. Biochemistry. 1966 Feb;5(2):467-77.
- Good NE and Izawa S. Hydrogen ion buffers. Methods Enzymol. 1972;24:53-68.
- Blanchard JS. Buffers for enzymes. Methods Enzymol. 1984;104:404-14.