For sterilizing tissue culture waste. Autoclave room is on the fourth floor of E25, adjacent to the freight elevator. Note: Use clear autoclave-safe bags and not the red biohazardous bags.
- Set autoclaving conditions:
- Press Dry button.
- Sterilization time: 60-120 minutes (small to large).
- Drying time: 10 minutes.
- Add 1 liter of water into bag for better sterilization.
- Loosely tie the waste bag with safety tag. Fill in the information on the tag.
- Put waste in autoclavable secondary container.
- Place container in the autoclave.
- Close the autoclave door, turn the latch, and tighten the wheel.
- Press Start.
- Ensure the temperature reaches 121°C before leaving.
- Enter information into the log.
- When cycle is complete, make sure the pink strip on the safety tag has become black.
- Throw the waste in normal trash bin.