Livesey: Antigen retrival
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Adapted from Hevner Protocol
- Choose desired slides (paraformaldyhyde-fixed, 10 micron thick crysections).
- Leave the chosen slides at room temperature just until the frost melts.
- Hydrate slides in 1x PBS for 10 seconds.
- Put slides into 0.01 M Citric acid (pH 6.0), microwave just to a boil, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Repeat Step 4 two more times (three times total).
- Rinse the slides 6 times in 1x TBST for 8 minutes each.
- Block with 5% milk powder in 1x TBST for 30 minutes at room temperature. Optional: 1-2% BSA can be added to TBST.
- Incubate overnight at 4ºC with primary antibodies in TBST plus 5% milk.
- Rinse for 10 seconds, 1x TBST. Then, rinse 3 times in 1x TBST for 8 minutes each.
- Add secondary antibodies in TBST for 1 hour at room temperature in the dark.
- Rinse 3 times in 1x TBS for 8 minutes each.
- Add Fluorescent Mounting Medium, coverslip, and examine under a fluorescent microscope.
- Lastly, seal the edges of covered-slip slides with a clear nail polish. This helps slides retain fluorescence longer during storage.
TBST = TBS + 0.1% Triton