Lactobacillus planarum miniprep
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
|back to protocols|
Method to miniprep plasmid DNA from Lactobacillus plantarum
- Supplement Qiagen P1 buffer with 5mg/ml lysozyme, 15U/ml mutanolysin, 100ug/ml RNase.
- incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes.
- Add Qiagen P2 buffer and continue miniprep as usual.
- Verify plasmid existance by sequencing or running digests on gel
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
Mathiesen, G., H. M. Namlos, et al. (2004). "Use of bacteriocin promoters for gene expression in Lactobacillus plantarum C11." Journal of Applied Microbiology 96(4): 819-827.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.