LB broth and plate
LB Broth Media Recipe
Standard Recipe for 500mL of LB:
(Sambrook and Russell, 2001 Gerhardt, et al. 1994).
• In a 1L flask, add
H2O 400 mL
Tryptone 5 g
Yeast Extract 2.5 g
NaCl 5 g
• Adjust pH with NaOH to 7.5
• Top up solution to 500 mL
• Pour into 1L bottle, autoclave using liquid cycle
For LB agar* add agar to a final concentration of 1.5%. (500mL~7.5g 100mL~1.5g)
• Autoclave (Liquid cycle)
• Wait till the bottle is comfort to touch (~40 c), adds the 1000x Amp, mix.
• Pour the plates
• Surround the plates under the ethanol burner, leave lids slightly open.
• Wait will the agar is set, label “Amp+, date”, wrap with parafilm, store in the fridge lids down.
Back to Useful Protocols