Kubke Lab:/Notebook/Cranial nerve development/2015/01/13

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Cranial Nerve Development Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Entry title



Today I cleaned and cleared my embryo and the DiI worked beautifully but the DiO didn't come through into the hindbrain at all despite it showing up when I checked on my injeciton 5 hours after I first applied the dye. However, the DiI showed some interesting analysables, (i'm calling them that now), for example some great pioneer axons, axons on the floor plate running longitudinally, and motor efferents from the V1 nerve application (which is supposedly sensory only). There were also afferents in the basal plate at the same lateral position as some efferent cell bodies. I also injected another embryo (stage 22) that I tried to replicate what I did with HK030 so hopefully that will turn out. I will see if DiO just isn't working at all or what the story with that is.