Centre for Biomedical Research
University of Victoria,
PO Box 3020 STN CSC,
Victoria, B.C. V8W 3N5
I am a postdoc in the Koop lab in the Centre for Biomedical Research at University of Victoria.
2000 B.Sc., Tokyo University of Fisheries.
2002 M.Sc., Tokyo University of Fisheries.
2005 Ph.D., Tokyo University of Fisheries
Ph. D. thesis title: Studies on gene regulation and immune system of fish using transgenic technology.
Yazawa, R., Hirono, I., Yamamoto, E., Aoki, T. Gene transfer for Japanese flounder fertilized eggs by particle gun bombardment. Fisheries Science 2005;71 869-874
- Yazawa R, Hirono I, and Aoki T. Transgenic zebrafish expressing chicken lysozyme show resistance against bacterial diseases. Transgenic Res. 2006 Jun;15(3):385-91. DOI:10.1007/s11248-006-0009-0 |
- Yazawa R, Watanabe K, Koyama T, Ruangapan L, Tassanakajon A, Hirono I, and Aoki T. Development of gene transfer technology for black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2005 Dec 1;303(12):1104-9. DOI:10.1002/jez.a.235 |
- Yazawa R, Hirono I, and Aoki T. Characterization of promoter activities of four different Japanese flounder promoters in transgenic zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2005 Nov-Dec;7(6):625-33. DOI:10.1007/s10126-005-0011-1 |
- Yazawa R, Hirono I, Ohira T, and Aoki T. Induction of Japanese flounder tnf promoter activity by lipopolysaccharide in zebrafish embryo. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2005 May-Jun;7(3):231-5. DOI:10.1007/s10126-004-0403-7 |
- Yazawa R, Hirono I, Ohira T, and Aoki T. Functional analysis of tumor necrosis factor gene promoter from Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus, using fish cell lines. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29(1):73-81. DOI:10.1016/j.dci.2004.06.002 |