Centre for Biomedical Research
University of Victoria,
PO Box 3020 STN CSC,
Victoria, B.C. V8W 3N5
gac ^at^ uvic ^dot^ ca
Glenn Cooper is a research associate and lab manager in the Koop lab in the Centre for Biomedical Research at University of Victoria.
Glenn has over 10 years of research experience in diverse biological sciences and is presently managing a portion of the Genomics Research on All Salmonids Project (cGRASP). He is actively collaborating with researchers around the globe who are utilizing the cGRASP 16,000 gene salmonid micorarray.
Among other things Glenn is responsible for:
- Ensuring that Consortium for Genomics Research on All Salmonids Project (cGRASP) project goals and timelines are achieved
- The conceptual development, research and analysis of scientific projects pertaining to genomic research and gene expression studies
- Providing technical assistance for colleagues around the world utilizing the cGRASP 16K cDNA salmonid array
- Participating in the writing of peer reviewed publications
- Overseeing employees and students projects, ensuring their scientific credibility and timely completion
- Kung Fu
- Specialty beer brewing
Ryosuke Yazawa, Glenn A Cooper, Peter Hunt, Marianne Beetz-Sargent, Adrienne Robb, Melanie Conrad, Linda McKinnel, Stacy So, Stuart Jantzen, Ruth B Phillips, William S Davidson and Ben F Koop. Striking Antigen Recognition Diversity in the Atlantic Salmon T-cell Receptor Alpha / Delta locus. Journal of Immunology 2007 (in review).
Morten F. Lukacs, Havard Harstad, Unni Grimholt, Marianne Beetz-Sargent, Glenn A. Cooper, Linda Reid, Hege G. Bakke, Ruth B. Phillips, Kristina M. Miller, William S. Davidson and Ben F. Koop. Genomic organization of duplicated Major Histocompatibility Complex class I regions in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Genomics 2007 (in review).
- Finne EF, Cooper GA, Koop BF, Hylland K, and Tollefsen KE. Toxicogenomic responses in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) hepatocytes exposed to model chemicals and a synthetic mixture. Aquat Toxicol. 2007 Mar 10;81(3):293-303. DOI:10.1016/j.aquatox.2006.12.010 |
- Morrison RN, Cooper GA, Koop BF, Rise ML, Bridle AR, Adams MB, and Nowak BF. Transcriptome profiling the gills of amoebic gill disease (AGD)-affected Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.): a role for tumor suppressor p53 in AGD pathogenesis?. Physiol Genomics. 2006 Jun 16;26(1):15-34. DOI:10.1152/physiolgenomics.00320.2005 |
- von Schalburg KR, Rise ML, Cooper GA, Brown GD, Gibbs AR, Nelson CC, Davidson WS, and Koop BF. Fish and chips: various methodologies demonstrate utility of a 16,006-gene salmonid microarray. BMC Genomics. 2005 Sep 15;6:126. DOI:10.1186/1471-2164-6-126 |
- Busby ER, Cooper GA, and Mommsen TP. Novel role for prostaglandin E2 in fish hepatocytes: regulation of glucose metabolism. J Endocrinol. 2002 Jul;174(1):137-46. DOI:10.1677/joe.0.1740137 |
R. John. Nelson, Glenn. A. Cooper and Tammy. Norgard. Nass River summer run steelhead: population structure and mixed stock analysis of fish-wheel samples, 2001.
R. John. Nelson and G. A. Cooper. Population analysis of Pinto Creek mountain goat. Prepared for Weldwood of Canada, 2000.
Celestina Ottolenghi, A. Christina Puviani, Glenn A. Cooper, and Thomas P. Mommsen. Perifusion of hepatocytes. In: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Fishes, Vol. 3, P.W. Hochachka and T.P. Mommsen (eds.), Chapter 32, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1994.