Klapperich Lab:Photografting to Zeonex Slides
This protocol describes the procedure for grafting PEG-acrylate to Zeonor slides.
- PEG acrylate
- Ethylene Glycol
- 2-Dimethoxy-2-acetophenone (DMPAP)
- Weigh out 35 mg DMPAP
- Clean plastic slide with EtOH, then rinse with Millipore water
- Plasma treat surface of plastic slide
- Mixed DMPAP with 800L Ethylene Glycol and 1200L PEG-acrylate in 2mL tube
- Heat solution in hot water bath at 85°C until DMPAP crystals have melted
- Vortex solution
- Add solution in uniform layer plastic slide
- Photograft slide in UV Crosslinker for 30 seconds on maximum energy
- Rinse with MeOH and let dry under hood
- remove excess poly-PEG acrylate
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding ('''~~~~''') to the end of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
- Who has experience with this protocol?