Sign-up for Equipment
- For the following heavily used equipment please sign-up in advance.
- PNA synthesizer
- All other equipment is first come first served.
Labeling and MSDS
- All samples prepared and/or used in the lab must be labeled with the following information: your name, chemical composition, date of preparation, and safety warning. If you are using any abbreviation, the full name must be given at the end of your lab notebooks.
- MSDS sheets of all chemicals used in the lab must be included in the MSDS binder of that lab.
- Do not leave your items in the sink.
- Wipe down counter to keep area clean and dry
- Clean balances after use
- Don't leave spatulas lying around
- Put reagents back after use
- Throw away any weighing papers/trays and trash, even if it's someone else's mess
- Wear gloves in the lab when doing any experiment and lab coat/safety glasses when working in the fume hood. Take off your gloves when leaving the lab.
- Before using any chemicals, read their Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- If your experiment needs to go on for a long period of time and you need to leave (provided that it is safe and does not disturb other users) indicate your name, contact info, and the expected termination time.
- If you finished any common items/chemicals inform the person in charge of ordering.
- Put all reagents back after use
- Clean up any spills
- Make sure everything is neatly arranged
- Throw away any trash