Jump to navigationJump to search
- Turn on the autoclave. Wait for 10 minutes so that the jacket gauge (top gauge) is between 15 and 20 lbs.
- Load items into the chamber.
- When closing the chamber door, make sure the door is flush before turning the wheel. This door has a double hinge and if it is not closed properly, the teeth around the door can be damaged.
- Turn the wheel until the door lock indicator is lit and do one more turn.
- Set the temperature.# This is usually 250 degrees. Do NOT set to anything higher than 250 degrees as the current regulator is only designed for 250 degrees and below.
- Set the cycle parameters. Generally the cycle and dry times should be 20 minutes. See the posted chart for more details.
- Use either the liquid or dry cycle. Avoid the flash cycle, which does a fast exhaust. Bottles with liquids will explode and empty bottles will not dry.
- It is safe to open the autoclave once the chamber gauge (bottom gauge) has reached 0 psi. The complete light turns on to indicate this.