List of Participants
- Vijaya Parthiban (Organizer)
- Nils Gehlenborg (Moderator)
- Manuel Corpas
- Sarath Chandra Janga
- Sanne Abeln
- Saraswathi Sundararajan
- Venkata Satagopam
- Victor Weigman (Minutes)
Minutes - June 26, 2006
SCS2 / ISMB 2006
- State of the SCS-2. Are we having panel discussion? Publication of abstracts?
- 'Panel Discussion'
- Same type of format as last year, where we had long biionofrmatics people (BoDs) discuss their experience as the field has developed.
- Also discussed to have a room at lunch on wednesday or monday, thursday to have a meeting for an informal disucssion
- This will be free
- Volunteer to organize (Vic) Getting topics, finding participants, finding room, time, day
- Email Steven immediately to find open rooms to have this
- 'Abstract Submission'
- Nils is contacting companies about raising money (the list is cleared from Steven)
- We can have 10 abstracts for $1500
- We need ot raise another $1000
- Abstracts can have ONE figure and word limit to 600
- Strategies for SCS-2 marketing. Translating to Spanish/Portuguese?
- Nils is sending out that email to Diana to have her ask her students to come to SCS2
- Manuel is wondering about what we can actually offer to these students to get them more interested
- Strategies for recruiting new SCLeaders @ SCS-2
- One thing we should have is a meeting point to go to lunch together, we need to have a meeting point
- We need ot have a place where we can post the SC events so people know where to go, maybe a blow up of the flier?
- Also, a place to have lunch (on grounds, off grounds, Nils will ask Steven best place)
- Would be good to have a few meeting places at the hotels to meet for social events in the evenings.
- Maybe we have a Student Council open meeting ot discuss these matters. Maybe have this on Thursday evening
- Social Event on Sunday should be a great place for this.
- WE can recruit ISCB help when Vic presents for BoDs on day of SCS2 (Manuel will send formal invitation)
- Activities during ISMB: lunch times, internal SC meetings, SC booth?
- Vic has volunteered to contact Steven Leard to find rooms availible for lunchtime meetings or other SC general meeting space
Local / Student Groups
- We'll include some information in the Q2 newsletter. After the final approval from ISCB BoDs, we'll start marketing aggressively and contact the groups who are already in touch with us.