Standard DNA Precipitation Protocol
- Add one-tenth volume of 3 M NaOAc, ph 5.2, to the DNA solution to precipitated.
- Add 2.5 volumes of cold 100% ethanol.
- Place in -80°C freezer for 30 minutes of in an ethanol/dry ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Spin at 15,000 rpm in microcentrifuge for 30 minutes at 4°C.
- Rinse with cold 70% ethanol.
- Spin at 15,000 rpm in microcentrifuge for 10 minutes at 4°C.
- Remove supernatant, taking care of pellet, and dry fro 1 hour at 37°C.
- Resuspend in appropriate volume of buffer.