IGEM:Virginia 2012/Protocols/PEG/NaCl Preparation
Jump to navigationJump to search
- 20% PEG-8000
- 2.5 M NaCl
- milliQ H2O
- 1 L bottle
- Stir bar
- Fill a 1 L bottle with 400 mL of milliQ H2O and put in a stir bar. Use the magnetic mixer to stir while you add the PEG and NaCl.
- Measure out 80g of PEG-8000 and add it slowly (it might be easier to add it in smaller increments).
- Measure 58.4g NaCl and add it slowly.
- Autoclave (large liquid).
- Stir it on the magnetic mixer again.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.