Not defined yet.
What We Know
- In high intensity light, wild type cyanobacteria downregulate Photosystem I .
- The mutant pmgA cannot downregulate Photosystem I in high intensity light .
- pmgA mutants initially grow well in high intensity light (better than wild type) but after 48 hours they succumb to oxidative stress .
What We Don't Know (but need to know)
- What are the bottlenecks in transfering energy through (and between) the photosystems?
- How is oxidative stress created from exposure to high intensity light?
- What are natural methods of controlling oxidative stress?