Time: 1/2hr preperation and overnight growth
- Label all falcon tubes with part name, date, and antibiotic(s) needed
- Add 3 mL LB to each falcon tube (Do this in the hood by flame).
- Add 3 μL of antibiotics (Amp stored at 100μg/mL, Kan 50μg/mL, Chl 34μg/mL).
1. Take 1 colony off of innoculating plate with 1-10μL pipeter tip (see picture below)
2. Eject the tip into falcon tube prepared above.
3. Put in warm room on shaker
4. Make sure shaker is on
1LB Media (Per L)
* 10 g bactotryptone * 5 g yeast extract * 5 g NaCl * pH to 7.0