From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Introduction to iGEM by Yang Yifan
- What is synthetic biology. Several synthetic biology research publications.
- The iGEM: Name, Question & Concepts, History, People (Founders: Knight, Endy; Ambassadors: Cumbers, Tang, Cai), How it works, 3 previous projects, the Timeline.
- What to do. Prepare for the registration of our team. Team Composition; Funding Source – grant application; Leading and Supporting Faculty; Journal Club
- New members and self-introduction.
- Information about faculty and funding support.
|Support from||Provide us with||Contact|
|Prof. Wang Yiping||Lab space, technical, Leading||Yang Yifan, Xu Anting|
|UCLA, Prof. ?||Advises||Liu Hui|
|CTB||Lab space ,technical, funding?, Leading?||Lou Chunbo|
|MIT||Advises and information about iGEM||Chen Daizhuo|
|Transgene ?||Free reagent||Ma Tao|
|Prof. Chen Jianguo||Lab support on cell biology||Liu Hui|
Discussion results on our team composition
- Team name: iGEM Beijing. Can be changed according to our sponsors.
- An advertisement for recruiting members (Yang Yifan) .
- Advertise for participating iGEM2007 in Tsinghua BME, Biology, Auto (Yu Zhou & Zhao Xinyu ), Beihang Auto (Zhang Yi), China Agriculture U (Zhang Yi).
Discussion results on journal club
- Contents for the journal club: previous iGEM projects, especially the winners; classical synthetic biology papers.
- Journal club format: in general, one time per week. 2 papers or 4 projects each time.
- Next meeting – Start of the journal club: 2007.1.14,14:30,CTB meeting room. Two projects introduced by Lou Chunbo & Yang Yifan
- We will continue in the winter vacation.
- Set a wiki up on CTB server or yuanpei.cn (Xu Anting, Yang Yifan).
Discussion results on faculty and funding contacts
- Prepare formal a grant application in two weeks , based on NSFC grant format. (Li Tuo, Luo Yu)
- Contact dean and schools for funding and faculty support
|Tsinghua Biology||Zhao Xinyu|
|PKU dean||Any volunteers?|
|PKU Life Science||Ma Tao|
|PKU EECS||Liu Hui|
|PKU CTB||Lou Chunbo|
|PKU Physics||Chen Daizhuo|
|PKU Chemistry||Fan Jing, Tan Qin, Zhen Qingsi|
|PKU Medicine||Lou Chunbo, Fan Jing, Wu Bo|
|PKU Mathematics||Wu Bo|
(Contact potential funding source. NSFC -> Zhu Zuoyan -> Ma Tao, Yang Yifan)