IGEM:Paris Bettencourt 2012/Meetings/22 May 2012
- From now on put all the notes on OpenWetWare
- Import iGEM e-mail to your main e-mail so you can easily be up-to-date with everything
- What do we have at the moment regarding our project:
- Subject: help people to put synthetic organisms out of the lab
- One idea of the design of our system - we need more! – think about it in the metro, on the street, under the shower, before sleep, in your dreams etc.
- Claire started looking at the iGEM projects which could be implemented in our system – everybody has to help her! (she sent e-mails about it)
- We want to have clear goals
- Requirements of our system:
- Prevent horizontal gene transfer (HGT) both from our system and to our system
- Prevent escape/growth of our bacteria in the environment
- It should not be toxic
- Zero cells/DNA/genes after X amount of time
- Modularity (priority – a couple of iGEM projects)
- Working for a X amount of time (timer)
- Robustness to mutation, evolution
- Robustness to variability of important molecules in bacteria
- Robustness to temperature, chemicals etc.
- Question of modularity and compatibility:
- Do we want it to be modular with everything or with smaller amount of projects because there is only a couple of promoters and other important genetic parts that all use which significantly lowers our possibilities to make it modular with many projects?
- Maybe we can use riboswitches because they are more modular!
- Risk management – look up the e-mail Alex sent us.
- Define biosafety and what we want to do.
- Yifan created a Photo-Notebook folder in Dropbox where we can put the pictures (like whiteboard pictures) from our meetings and events
- We should name our Dropbox files like this: Date, Event Name, Description
- Babak will give presentation next week about how to use OpenWetWare.
- Zoran will do a search of literature related to biosafety and delegate a paper or two to each team member with exact deadline for presenting the paper during team meeting!
- Bibliography assignments: Zoran (literature) and Claire (iGEM projects)
- Basic sponsorship: Antoine, Ernest, Julianne
- Simple tasks for everyone: register to igem.org, OpenWetWare and Dropbox!
- Veolia has a sponsoring fund and application time window is from 01/06 to 30/06
- Oil Sands sponsorship http://2012.igem.org/Sponsors/Oil_Sands - Deadline in couple of days; Very urgent! – Dylan
- Make Google calendar so people can put when are they going to vacation: Aishah
- Lab inventory and protocols: Zoran, Dylan and Denis
- Try Gibson assembly: Antoine and Denis