- ETH Zurich drop down bar on each page
- i like this very much, especially how it scrolls automatically to the corresponding section on the page -Sh
- we could also have "Go to Top of page" links on long pages
- ETHZ banner on each page leads to homepage
- Vistor count at the bottom of the page
- Nice meet the team page
- ETH Zurich drop down bar on each page
- Not so good
- First page too dense
- Agreed, provide a little information and then link to a more heavy page - St
- Intro good - What the project was, What they had achieved, What it could achieve in the future (applications) -Sh
- No navigation/signposting though -St
- Does link to detailed wiki, but all the way down the bottom - St
- Contents good, but don't like their 1-page style. - Di
- Very good explanation of project and reasons for it right up the top - St
- Nice brief description of the different components (with links to pages with details including results) -Sh
- Do we want to introduce the components on the front page?
- icons again!!
- colour scheme? - blueish maybe.. blood is red that is fair enough
- i like the animated gif ... moving stuff is appealing to the eye... easy to do ...
- Animation of the "Clock" in action for our front page? (Like in the presentation?) - St
- Very good in general. The style fits well under the general "theme" of iGEM. Precise and straight forward way of explaining their work. - Di
- nice sort of layout on the front page
- well-structured web pages. easy to understand the purpose of their site and work they have done. a bit dislike their cartoonish feature. - Di
- icon layout ... easy information to grasp .. i like| needs better icons though
- Again, too dense to read all at once. - St
- interesting process flow chart on front page
- very very good at colums
- Nice and clear overview of their project and achievement. Well structured. - Di
Imperial 2007 really good tabs on the top of the page
- separate wet lab/dry lab sections -Sh
- nice and simple front page ... i like this simplicity, but with icons :)
- Seconded. This is about what we want for a front page (except prettier). - St
- columned layout
- animation of the project ... grab these of the presentations...
- Animations good for explaining a lot of information in an easy to understand manner. - St
- visitor numbers and locations ... down the bottom
- very simple banner ... they then put out flyers and stuff... i think it'd hilarious if we marketed this as a swiss clock/watch alternative and gave out a brochure ... :p
- Looks like a business website on the general appearance, but animation of explaination is good. - Di
- Border around front page?
- Public page - www.brownigem.com -
- They had a video that got onto the OWW and synbio front page last year - do we want to do this ?
- Good layout
- Links to tools (plasmid mappers, blast2seq etc...) frequently used stuff
- Detailed protocols of experiments to date--good -Sh
- but probably better to link it to a separate page of protocols like Peking’s (to avoid redundancy)
- a just for fun section ... we need to have more fun as a team... i say fridays at AO - (Animal Orchestra) or the pub
- breaking news section just make it red ;)
- concise front page ... emphasises the right things ... (big font = important links - todo list, meetings, biobricks, overview etc)
- team photo somewhere on both
- photo(s) of Bio21 ... taken by us not generic
- border design?
- presentation section ... devoted purely to stuff to do with the presentation (berkeley 06)
- calagary 06 nicely design banners/logo? (ie. not done in paint) - we all have friends that could whip something together thats fairly spiffy ;)
- indiviuals photos in the team profiles ... standardise the profiles
- poster design mini-team and section on the wiki...
- archive section
- Front page small and succinct with lots of pictures
- Animation very good idea
- Medium level of detail on Final wiki, links to appropriate page of pre wiki for further detail