From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
The aim of this experiment was to test the Zinc Hypothesis. That is whether Zinc ions are required for AiiA Activity.
- The cultures were innoculated with a final AHL concentration of 5nM
- The I13208 were grown in the prescence of AHL for 2 hours
- The T9002 assays were assessed after a period of 2 hours
- Although a T9002 control for M9 was ommitted, previous experiments suggest a GFP/OD reading of 9500 for 0 AHL and 22000 for 5nM AHL after 3.5 hours
- Previous experiments also suggest a GFP/OD reading of 87000 for 5nM AHL when in LB culture after 3.5 hours.
- Data File:
- The experimental data gave unexpected results
- The Flourescence/OD490 for both LB cultures was below that of the T9002 control
- Only the -/Zn of the M9 cultures showed a significantly lower level of GFP/OD than the rest, this is unexpected
- No significant conclusion can be drawn from this experiment
- It should be repeated
- Controls using I13208 cells not in the prescence of AHL should be used
- Controls of T9002 in M9 should also be used