We are in Week 4 of the iGEM project.
<calendar> name=IGEM:IMPERIAL/2007/Calendar date = 2007/08/01 view=threemonths format=%name/%year-%month-%day weekstart=7 </calendar>
The following laboratory-related activities were performed today:
- Preparation of media in the Teaching Lab.
- Completion of list of required laboratory materials.
- Completion of list of required constructs.
- For the DNA constructs, the nature of the vectors employed by each team needs to be specified.
- A safety report (?) for each project is required by Mr D. Featherbe.
Today, marked the start of the restructuring of the heavily overloaded team wiki. A refined structure was decided upon; transformation is expected to be completed by the start of the new week.
Work on the four projects continued:
The following tasks were completed:
- Constructs design
- Methodologies and protocols employed in the project.
- List of equipment to be used.
- Possible application in biofilm project.
This team completed the following:
- Protocols on vesicle formation.
- Shopping lists for Kirsten.
- Email Christina about more information (...concerning?).
Work was done on:
- Completing protocols for CBD
- Investigation should be made of promoters not only in the registry, but also on openwetware.
The biofilm team performed the following tasks:
- Literature reading: [AHL] & Protocols for biofilm formation
- Team wiki page required restructuring/refinement. Work commenced, specifically with regards to project description.
- A consideration of a plan on how to compare results from different chassis'.
- Resources (in the form of literature) were gathered for the modelling element of this project.
- Liasing with the HRP team on possible application of the HRP system in the biofilm detection system.
- Decision regarding choice of two possible reporters, which would be then be critically compared.
- A "catchy" name is required for this project.
- Investigation of diffusion of AHL in biofilms.
Yesterday's debriefing yielded a considerable amount of confusion regarding the course of the team's projects; particularly the role of HRP. A new project definition was formulated on the basis of much discussion that took place after Wednesday's debriefing.
Imperial's Molecular Predation Oscillator of 2006 was reviewed, with particular emphasis placed on the modelling element. A presentation on the modelling cycle followed & techniques employed will be given tomorrow.